Mon, Feb 08|
Nutrition 101 (webinar)
Calories, macors, and hormones. What matters, what doesn't, and how to make sense of it all.
Time & Location
Feb 08, 2021, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
About the Event
In this webinar I'll be taking you through the basics of nutrition from calories, to the macronutrients, to the hormones related to fat storage, appetite, hunger, and muscle. So much information out there is seemingly contradictory! One person says it's ALL about calories in/calories out, while another says calories don't count. Some preach low fat, while others advocate low carb. Some say you need carbs to perform while others swear you don't. WHAT GIVES??? And who is right???
In this seminar I will be breaking down the complex and overwhelming into clear and simple concepts that will help you navigate the confusing world of nutrition information. By examining both sides, we'll come to see that many seemingly opposing viewpoints are actually more similar than we think. You'll have the opportunity to interact with the presentation via audience polls and Q&A.
- The history of calories
- The role of calories in weight management
- Addressing the question: "Do Calories matter???"
- Carbs, Protein, and Fat
- What they're for, what you need, and why
- Insulin + glucagon and their role in fat storage
- Ghrelin + Leptin and appetite
- Cortisol + melatonin and their influence on circadian rhythm
- Growth hormone, IGF-1, testosterone and other muscle-related hormones