A favorite in our house lately, these crepes are buttery delicious and sure to please any breakfast fan!
1/4 Cup (2 oz) cream cheese
1 TB butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup water or milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 TB coconut flour
1 TB almond flour
Butter or Ghee, for the pan
1 Cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 TB monkfruit sweetener (optional)
1) melt 2 oz of cream cheese and 1 TB of butter or coconut oil together in the microwave. Whisk until fully incorporated.
2) add 1/4 cup of water or milk. This brings the temperature down a bit so you don't accidentally scramble the eggs in the next step
3) Add 4 whole eggs and 1/2 tsp vanilla and whisk again.
4) Add the 2 TB coconut flour and 1 TB almond flour and whisk some more.
5) Allow the mixture to stand for aprx 10 minutes so that the coconut flour can absorb the moisture.
6) While you're waiting, add the whipped cream ingredients to a bowl and use a stand mixer or hand mixer to whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
7) Generously grease a small pan with butter or ghee. Over med-low heat, add about 1/4 cup of the crepe mixture and tilt the pan until the bottom is fully coated. Flip when the edges begin to brown
Makes 6 crepes
Our favorite fillings:
and whipped cream of course!
Top with 1 tsp of real Canadian maple syrup or a sprinkle of maple flakes for a touch of sweetness.